Hike to Preikestolen - the Pulpit Rock
Online booking - the easiest way to experience Preikestolen
- SAVE MONEY
- the lowest prices are available online
- COMBO TICKET
- one ticket includes ferry and buss, round trip
- SAVE TIME
- no queueing for tickets - bring your travel document and go straigh on board the ferry at Fiskepiren Terminal (view map).
Pulpit Rock or Preikestolen is a mountain plateau that hangs 604 meters above sea level and the Lysefjord. This is a destination that simply must be experienced.
The Pulpit Rock-bus with several daily departures between Tau and the Pulpit Rock parking between 8th of April and 1st October 2017. From the pulpit rock parking you can follow well marked trail to one of Norways most popular hiking destination; the Pulpit Rock. Join our good and flexible transport to ensure a great experience.
All included - tickets
Tickets include return journey from Stavanger to Tau with the Tau-ferry and from Tau to the Pulpit Rock Parking with the the Pulpit Rock bus. Note: tickets are valid outbound and inbound within the same day. You can choose the departure that suits you, but please note that the passengers are served "first come, first go" - if the bus is full, it is not long to wait for the next departure, please notice time of departure for the return journey here.
More information about Preikestolen
Pulpit Rock, or Preikestolen in Norwegian, is the most famous tourist attraction in the Stavanger region. Lonely Planet has also elected the Pulpit Rock as one of the worlds most breathtaking viewing platforms, read more. It towers 604 meters above the Lysefjord. The approximately 25 x 25 meters flat mountain plateau was probably formed by melting frost 10,000 years ago.
On a fantastic hike from the Pulpit cabin you can enjoy the wild and beautiful nature right up to the Pulpit Rock. The terrain is hilly with an altitude difference of 350 m. You will find swimming and picnic areas along the trail. The hike takes approx. 4 hours back and forth. A total distance of approx. 6 km.
Equipment for your hike to Preikestolen
We recommend that you bring enough food and drink. Please note that the tour requires hiking shoes and hiking clothing.
Are you planning to hike to Preikestolen, we recommend that you take a look at Visit Norways guide for safe mountain hikes and Visit Norway Safety tips for your summer hike to Preikestolen.
We also recommend that you check out Visit Norway guide Johannes' tips for packing for your mountain hike.
You travel by boat from Fiskepirterminalen in Stavanger to Tau. From Tau, the trip continues by bus to the Pulpit Rock cabin. The bus returns to Tau and Stavanger several times a day. You have an open return journey. The bus driver can also inform you about the return hours from the Pult Rock cabin. From Tau, you take the ferry back to Stavanger.
For more information please have a look at our timetable and prices.
Prices for Preikestolen hike - transport from Stavanger
ROUND TRIP FROM STAVANGER
Combo ticket - ferry and bus, outbound and return
Adult nok 320 (online booking) nok 350 (tickets from quay/on board ferry/bus)
Children under 16 nok 160 (online booking) nok 200 (tickets from quay/on board ferry/bus)
ONE-WAY TICKET TO PREIKESTOLEN BUS
Are you just travelling in one direction, or are you planning to stay and return the next day you will need to buy two tickets. One way tickets are available for booking here (Please be aware one way tickets are for bus only, ferry is not included and ticket must be bought on board the ferry).
Please note there is no student or senior discount for this tour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please bring a copy of your ticket/travel documents for validation of your journey, outbound and return.
A taste of what you may have in store
· The hike is non-guided and at hikers own risk. Approx. 4 hrs. hiking.
· We recommend good hiking shoes and warm clothing, water and packed lunch.
· Optional transport on the return, please notice time of departure on the return on our webpage.
· Please note: No seat reservation. If full cooach please use next departure.
We kindly inform that all bookings are binding and there is no refund.
- Book online - there is no guarantee for availability without an online booking.
- All reservations are binding. No refund if you decide not to go. Exceptions if the tour is cancelled by the operator (Tide).
- If the tour is cancelled by the operator (Tide) and you have made your reservations online we will inform you as soon as possible about the cansellation.
- Note: your ticket is valid outbound and inbound on the departure of your choice within the same day.
- We have several departures and will serve our passengers "first come, first go". If the bus is full, it is not long to wait for the next departure. See departure times here.
- The Travel Document is your ticket and you need to bring TWO PRINTET COPIES of your tavel document for validation on departure. If you do not bring your Travel Document in printwith you, you need to pay on the ferry and bus.
Map and weather data
View map over the area
Check the weather before you go.
Departures and prices
page 1 of 4
|Outbound||Departure city||Destination||Spots left||From price|
|17/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|18/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|19/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|20/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|21/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|22/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|23/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|24/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|25/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|26/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|27/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|28/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|29/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|30/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|
|31/8||-||Hike to the Pulpit Rock||More than 8||320,-||Book|