Hike to Kjerag
Hike to Kjerag.
Join us for a spectacular tour in wild, beautiful and real Norwegian scenery.
More information about the tour
A hike to Kjerag is an experience like no other. You will see the amazing Kjeragbolten and gaze out at beautiful Lysefjord. The marked path goes in the rugged and beautiful terrain from Øygardstøl into Kjerag. Please note that the tour is not guided. The ticket is valid for the coach ride from Stavanger to Øygardstøl. From here you should allow approx. 5 hours back and forth. The route is well marked. The trail is considered demanding and only recommended to adult, experienced hikers.
We recommend that you bring enough food and drink. Please note that the tour requires hiking shoes and hiking clothing.
Allways check the weather forecast for Kjerag and dress appropriately for the weather and terrain. Remember that weather changes quickly in the mountains. Extra clothing and extra food and drink is important if the trip takes longer than planned.
Are you planning to hike to Kjerag, we recommend that you take a look at Visit Norways guide for safe mountain hikes and Visit Norway Safety tips for your summer hike to Kjerag.
We also recommend that you check out Visit Norway guide Johannes' tips for packing for your mountain hike.
07.30 Departure from Stavanger Byterminalen (Bus terminal) track 5
07.50 Departure from Ruten Sandnes v/Mc Donalds
10.45 (approx.) Øygardstøl (starting piont hiking Kjerag)
17.15 Departure Øygardstøl (for hikers Kjerag)
20.15 (approx.) Arrival Stavanger
Because of roadwork and controlled convoys the arrival at Kjerag might be 30 minutes later than first assumed. The stay will be adjusted to the new arrival times, to ensure you always get 6 hours for hiking. This means that the return to Stavanger will then be half an hour later than according to the itinerary. The driver will inform you about this when you leave the bus at Øygardstøl.
Stavanger - Kjerag, round trip: Adult 630,- Child 450,- (online booking)
Price 650,- (child 550,-) when buying on board the coach.
For one-way ticket or to follow part of the journey, the price is as a round trip; Adult 630,- Child 450,-
When buying the ticket online, you are guaranteed a seat and the lowest price. Please note that the online booking sale closes at 8 pm the day prior to departure.
Please note there is no student or senior discount for this tour.
Travel from Stavanger with bus to Øygardsstøl/ Kjerag, roundtrip
• Departure from byterminalen, Stavanger (track 6) at 07:30
• Departure from Øygardsstøl,17:00 (return journey)
• Duration of the roundtrip approx. 12,5 hrs, included driving through mountains, valleys and North-Europe´s larges natural stone cairn from the ice age, Gloppedalsura.
We kindly inform that bookings are binding and there is no refund.
Prices include 10% vat.
- Book online - there is no guarantee for availability without an online booking. Please note that the online booking closes at 19:00 pm the day prior to departure.
- All reservations are binding. No refund if you decide not to go. Exceptions if the tour is cancelled by the operator (Tide).
- If the tour is cancelled by the operator (Tide) and you have made your reservations online we will inform you as soon as possible.
- The Travel Document is your ticket and MUST be validated on departure. If you do not bring your Travel Document with you, you need to pay on the bus.
- Caution! Please be aware that the passenger is responsible to be in the bus at the time of departure. Out of respect for fellow passengers and the driving- and rest time roules for the driver the bus has no opportunity to wait for passengers who are late.
Departures and prices
page 1 of 7
|Outbound||Departure city||Destination||Spots left||From price|
|2/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|3/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|9/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|10/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|11/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|12/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|13/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|14/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|15/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|16/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|17/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|18/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|19/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|20/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|
|21/6||Coach||Hike to Kjerag||More than 8||630,-||Book|